Tagaytay Escapade Day 1

"Everything happens for a reason." 

These are the words that kept replaying inside my head when we were not able to push through our SG trip last November. It was heartbreaking to say the least but it was definitely a blessing in disguise.

We decided to go on a roadtrip to celebrate my brother's birthday and we decided to go to Tagaytay (thanks to my mom's suggestion).
 
 
It was my first time going on a roadtrip with my brother on the wheels. It was also my first time to go on a roadtrip to the south. I was so excited because finally I'll be able to see Taal Lake and all of it's glory which I only see in postcards before.

It was a 3 hour drive from Manila and we passed by some interesting sights. 
I never knew Tagaytay had several pineapple plantations. You can actually see them beside the highway when you look left and right there are pineapples everywhere. My brother was driving too fast so I wasn't able to take any good photos of the hills covered in pineapples. 

We ate breakfast at Bag of Beans the one which had a lakeside view and I thoroughly enjoyed everything (food, location, ambiance, service etc.)We almost went into a food coma afterwards because every single bite was just pure bliss.


We stayed at Joaquin's Inn. It was a very rustic place who lit up beautifully at night. The scent of lavender potpourri will greet you as you enter the door and it will remind you of home. The place was very decent with all the amenities they offer. They have adequate parking space. They have several rooms to choose from, we got the family suite with 1 king sized bed and 2 twins. Each room also offers hot and cold shower. They have free WiFi. They also serve breakfast in the morning.  


 

Afterwards, we decided to go to Sky Ranch. It was a very small theme park compared to Enchanted Kingdom or Star City. Also the rides were honestly more suitable for children. It was my first time riding the Ferris Wheel and I was with my mom so let's leave it at that (HAHAHAH!).




We went home to rest and we went to Buon Giorno to celebrate! It's located at Cliffhouse Tagayatay where a there is a variety of restos to choose from. They have Fire Lake Grill, Mochiko, Cafe Breton and Fling Frozen Yogurt.   It's my first time eating sashimi and I could honestly say that it's really not for me. I would prefer eating california maki rather than eating raw fish. The pasta was al dente and the sun dried tomatoes were the best. The pizza was thin crust but it was bursting with flavors. I loved the dessert because I have a thing for ice cream and hot chocolate pudding.


We bid goodbye to the star-filled night and we drifted to abyss the moment we got home.
It was indeed a celebration.
To be with family, to be together, it was already a gift.

Part 2 coming soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinto Art Museum

Sagada Day 1

Thailand