Sagada Day 2

PART 2
The next morning I woke up early to watch the sunrise at Mt. Kiltepan. I woke up at 4am in the morning to hike up a mountain but unfortunately the timing was off so I was not able to see what  they called the "sea of clouds". They said that you have a greater chance of seeing it if it rained the day before but unfortunately it didn't so I took macro photos instead. 


Afterwards, we went to Rock Inn Cafe to pick some oranges! The entrance fee is 50php and eating inside the plantation is free and if you would like to take some home as pasalubong, a kilo of oranges is 60php. The whole mountain side is filled with orange trees and the ading who was there to help me introduced me to three different kinds of oranges; ponkan, satsuma and hamlin. He taught me how to harvest the oranges properly by using pruning shears. He also gave me some ideas on how to take care of the trees better by pruning them everyday, getting the right fertilizer to use, how to prevent rotting through the use of Vulcaseal and more.



they have a deer at the plantation and it loves to eat oranges
the favorite tree of the owner since it bears too many fruits at once and the kind ading who helped me

Afterwards, I finally decided to go to Pongas Falls, originally I was supposed to go to Bomod-ok Falls but since it was the start of the rice planting season we were not allowed to go because there was an ongoing ritual at the area. So, as a sign of respect for their tradition and culture I chose another place to go to. I was so stubborn and confident that I said I can and I will walk to Pongas Falls. I thought it was just a short trip down the road but I was so wrong. It was so hot and the walk to Pongas falls would've taken us 4 hours if I insisted. I really thank God for the police car who passed by and gave us a free ride. Then it was another 2km walk to the falls. The falls was majestic. I advise you to bring your own food and swimming gear. Being the adventurous person that I am I went up the falls but then I realized I didn't have any extra clothes so I just had some of my photos taken and then I went down.










The hike to Pongas Falls was worth it! I advise you to rent a van so that you will not experience what I did unless you would like to walk for 4 hours to the falls and another 4 hours back. Or if you have your own motorcycle or bike or car that you can actually use that's also another option. I am very thankful indeed that we were able to hitch a ride with the people we met at the falls going back to the town proper. I didn't get their names but I know that our paths will cross again.
St. Mary's church
inside St. Mary's church
It was already around 3pm when we went to Echo Valley and the hanging coffins. The guide told me an interesting story but I guess I'll be spoiling the fun if I tell all the details. The good thing about my guide was that he answered all my questions and he shared a lot of stories about the place. It really is an investment and you really get your money's worth if you get a tour guide if you are a first timer. I suggest you go to the SAGGAS office to make arrangements. The place was only a few meters away from St. Mary's church and you will actually walk through the cemetery to reach it.




It was already late afternoon when I finally decided to I go home and clean up. After taking a short nap, I decided to go to Sagada Lemon Pie House to eat some meryenda but then I ended up having my dinner there. The place is not really that big but if you are alone it can be very spacious. It's a very cozy place, you will really feel at home. It is decorated with native Cordilleran artifacts and colorful paintings. Moreover the food is amazing! You really get your money's worth.




a slice of lemon pie and freshly brewed Sagada coffee
mountain tea with milk
chicken adobo with potatoes and carrots
the cup of rice is only 1/4th the size of the viand 

Comments

  1. Aya, so lucky you and thanks for posting! I hope I can go there again someday. The first time I went there, I was about 7 years old and they didn't permit me to enter the cave. I just remember bits and pieces. Ilan kayo pumunta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks ate Sol, i was on my own but there were a few others na nakasabayan ko :) The place is amazing you should go there with your lakay and two boys when they are a lil bit older na so they can enjoy the long walks and the view :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pinto Art Museum

Sagada Day 1

Thailand